Product design engineering graduates are expected to know and possess the following abilities by the time of graduation:
- An ability to apply mathematics, science, design, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve product design engineering problems.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary area.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand impact of product design engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and social context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern design engineering tools necessary for product design engineering practice.
Published at :