BINUS ASO School of Engineering: Shapes You to Become a Skillful Engineer with Japanese Quality
In order to deliver outstanding quality graduates, BINUS UNIVERSITY (Indonesia) together with the ASO College Group (Japan) established the BINUS ASO School of Engineering (BASE). BASE students immerse themselves in coursework that combines theory with hands-on experience in updated technological facilities.
The two programs with an emphasis on a state-of-the-art approach to answer global industrial needs are Product Design Engineering and Automotive Robotics Engineering. With an interactive Japanese cultural and environmental concept to motivate students to become independent and deep thinkers, the BASE campus facilitates its students with various up-to-date facilities. The programs are mainly delivered in English with experienced Japanese and Indonesian faculty members. Students are given the opportunity to gain experience and apply knowledge abroad through a summer course in Japan and an internship in a Japanese or multinational industry.
As part of Industrial Engineering, this program will give you a thorough grounding in developing design concepts, exploiting appropriate materials to shape and color, and transforming them into an innovative and functional human-centered design product within realistic constraints. As a result, you will be able to develop automated or manual innovative and functional designs in the context of human appliances, car accessories, and automotive appliances.
The first and most prestigious and dynamic Product Design Engineering school in Indonesia by producing global citizens with a Japanese educational philosophy.
To contribute to the global community through the provision of a world-class education by:
- Acknowledging all talents that positively contribute to the quality of life of Indonesians and the international community as global citizens.
- Providing a solid educational experience through the diffusion and integration of knowledge of Product Design Engineering and services to industries.
- Educating students from a diverse background in the fundamental skills, knowledge, and practice of Product Design Engineering in order to prepare them for a position in global industries and continue for advanced degrees in Product Design Engineering or related disciplines.
- Offering an education with a focus on not only skills and knowledge but also personal charm and dignity.
Computer labs equipped with updated software (AutoCAD, Pro/Engineer, CAM, CATIA, Photoshop/Illustrator, ARENA, Minitab, LINDO/LINGO, ErgoWEB), tools (molding 3D printer, cutting 3D printer, drafting machine), and mechanical drawing labs.
- Industrial design engineer
- Automotive and parts designer
- Product design engineering consultant
As part of Computer Engineering, this program helps students develop the ability to analyze, design, and build mechanical and automated electronic systems for automotive parts and manufacturing processes using design tools used in global industries today. It includes the design and development of 3D mechanical systems, electronics, computer systems, robotic and automation systems, and automotive and operations engineering.
Become the most admired Automotive and Robotics Engineering program which focuses on an intelligent automation system for society’s well-being, in providing young talent with pride.
To contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by:
- Educating students with the knowledge and skills of science and technology for the design, analysis, and application of automation technologies in a creative and resourceful manner.
- Preparing graduates to become future leaders in the global community with dignity, charm, and disciplined minds, while being sensitive to the social, environmental, and economic context.
- Conducting high impact applied research in the field of engineering to improve the quality of life and to contribute to the society which serves the profession of the faculties and enriches the students with contemporary issues.
The modern lab facilities which support the program: Computer Lab, Physics Lab, Electronics Lab, 2D Drafting Lab, 2D & 3D CAD Labs, Robotics Lab, and Manufacturing Lab.
Career paths open to students include:
- Product development engineer
- Automation system engineer
- Simulation engineer
- Process engineer
- Factory automation engineer
- Project engineer